Energy Efficiency Services
High Energy Bills?
If so, it is probably a good idea to look into having an energy audit performed to see just how much energy you may be wasting, causing those unreasonably high bills. Many families and businesses have benefited from an energy efficiency service call. Sometimes a home or business may be relatively efficient as is and may need only a minor few improvements. Wouldn’t that be good to know?
Current technologies allow you to substantially increase energy efficiency. Smart solutions give you not only ecological benefits, but economic advantages as well. All of us should be concerned about the negative effects energy waste has on our planet and do what we can to improve the situation, as well as saving your hard earned money.
Whether you are a homeowner or a business owner, below you’ll find information that will help lead you in the right direction.
Commercial Energy Audit
As you might already know the savings for a business can be many times that of a home. Your bottom line will certainly feel the difference when you cut down these often times enormous costs.
Many of our clients actually own their buildings and are quite concerned about energy waste and rising utility bills.
Some are interested with the image they project and wish to ensure their clients are as comfortable as can be. Still others have learned a great deal about “being green” and need to know how to start. We have set up a commercial energy audit that will help with these specific concerns.
Looking to the current audit methodologies developed in it appears that the main issues of an audit process are:
- The analysis of building and utility data, including study of the installed equipment and analysis of energy bills;
- The survey of the real operating conditions;
- The understanding of the building behavior and of the interactions with weather, occupancy & operating schedules;
- The selection and the evaluation of energy conservation measures;
- The estimation of energy saving potential;
- The identification of customer concerns and needs.
What can we audit?
- Businesses with buildings that have comfort issues such as temperature differences between rooms and offices.
- Commercial buildings looking for accurate information on their energy usage and ideas on how to improve it.
- Companies in regulated industries needing to meet environmental and safety code
- Thermal scans are easily the best way to prevent electrical fires.
Generally speaking there are four levels of analysis to be outlined (ASHRAE):
- Level I – Benchmarking: This first analysis is a preliminary “Whole Building Energy Use” (or WBEU) analysis based on the historic utility use and costs of the building. This “walk-through” is to identify simple and low-cost improvements as well as a list of energy conservation measures (ECMs, also called energy conservation opportunities, ECOs) to determine proper orientation of the future, more detailed audit. There will also be a comparison of the performances of your buildings to those of similar buildings. This benchmarking of the allow us to determine if further analysis is in order;
- Level II – Detailed/General Energy Audit: Dependent on the results of the pre-audit, this particular energy audit consists in energy use survey in order to provide a comprehensive analysis of the studied installation, a detailed analysis of the facilities, a breakdown of the energy use and a first measurable evaluation of the ECOs/ECMs chosen to improve the defects or correct the current installation. This level of analysis can involve sophisticated computer based simulation tools for advanced on-site measurements to determine exactly the proper energy retrofits;
- Level III – Investment-Grade Audit: Detailed Analysis of Capital-Intensive Modifications that focus on plausible high cost ECOs requiring far more rigorous study.
Commercial buildings have enormous potential for energy reduction and therefore, cost savings. A business will often find immediate savings buried in day to day operational expenses. In some cases, payback is almost immediate, whereas other investments may take many years to pay for themselves.
To sum things up conducting an energy audit will help:
- Power Quality Analysis
- Identify cost-savings opportunities
- Prioritize improvements
- Help meet emissions reduction goals
- Identify existing successes to tout
- Improve your sustainability plan
- Attract and engage more customers
- Meet and exceed internal expectations
There is little reason not to conduct an energy audit considering all of the advantages it will bring.
Classic Electric & Consulting
(805) 202-8737 or (888) 723-7178
Home Energy Audit
Did you know that typically a U.S. household will spend around $1,900 annually on home utility bills? The fact is a large portion of that energy is simply wasted due to inefficiencies. On top of that each year electricity generated by fossil fuels for just a single home will put more carbon dioxide into the atmosphere than two average cars.
A home that is performing properly is a more enjoyable and comfortable place for your family to live and grow. An energy efficiency audit is a scientific approach to improving your comfort. Not to mention the relief you will feel when your energy bills are reduced. As mentioned this savings is substantial for many families
A professional energy audit will go into great detail providing the homeowner a clear view of their homes’ energy usage as well as energy waste. An energy auditor will do a room-by-room examination of your home, including a thorough examination of past energy bills.
The auditor will also analyze the residents’ behavior:
- Is anyone home during working hours?
- What is your average thermostat setting for winter and summer.
- How many people live in the home?
- Does every room get used?
These answers will help uncover some simple ways to reduce your household’s energy consumption. Of course there is more to a “full house” audit than this, but this is a great, inexpensive start.
Your home energy audit is a service where the energy efficiency of a home is evaluated by a person using professional equipment, including blower doors and infrared cameras. The purpose is of course to determine the best ways to improve energy efficiency, in other words, the heating and cooling your home.
An audit of your home’s energy use will of course include making record of various characteristics of the residences envelope including the walls, ceilings, floors, doors, windows, and skylights, too. In each of these components the area and resistance to heat flow, or the “R-value” will be measured (in some cases an estimate is required). A “leakage rate” or “infiltration” of air coming through the residences envelope is of concern. These are greatly affected by things like window construction and quality of door seals such as weatherstripping.
The ultimate goal of this activity is to quantify the homes’ overall thermal performance. Your audit should also assess the efficiency, physical condition, and programming of mechanical systems such as the heating, ventilation, air conditioning equipment, and thermostat.
You may be actually be surprised to learn that the majority of our clients cite comfort related issues as the main reason they chose to have us perform an energy audit. Sure, if you could simply use less energy which will help lower your energy bills. But typically, people want to be comfortable and healthy in their home.
Problems We Help Correct
- High Energy Bills
- Rooms Too Hot or Cold
- Health & Safety Concerns
- Power Quality Problems
- Water Intrusion
- Poor Indoor Air Quality
Find out how you can save yourself energy costs and at the same time improve the quality of living for all. You’ll be happy you did!
Classic Electric & Consulting works directly with the Utility Companies and can help you with your rebate paperwork.
We promise timely, courteous service and the job done right at a reasonable price.
Call Today (805) 202-8737
and we’ll get started on your project, providing the same
great service and products since our beginning.
Classic Electric & Consulting
Local: (805) 202-8737 or
Toll Free / Emergency: (888) 723-7178
With offices in Oceano & Santa Maria we are only a phone call away.
If you have questions or concerns we will be happy to help in any way we can.
Feel free to call us anytime, including emergencies.